Live means anything that you witness ‘real-time’, i.e. as it occurs.
We all love to watch ‘live’ sports matches, award ceremonies, concerts, etc. When you cannot attend a live event, you can watch it in real-time over the internet in High Definition.
Live streaming is used to broadcast events in real-time to an online audience. Going live allows you to reach out to more people without any limitations of border and boundaries, near and far with live video.
With inclusion of technology, it has become easier to stay connected from the personal to the professional front. Live streaming is a low cost technology that helps businesses conduct seminars, workshops and webinars ‘live’ to a global audience over the internet.
Why you should be live streaming?
The use of live streaming is growing and it has become an important tool for maximizing brand value as-
- It’s a brand new way to reach out to your customers and prospects.
- Being similar to a face-to-face conversation, live streaming is equally engaging.
- It is different from the conventional webinar or video conferencing technology.
- It is a cost-effective and easy-to-use technology.
- If used tactically, you can rank higher in the SERPs.
The concept of live streaming is gaining popularity, as it is a useful video-based content strategy to reach your target audience. To help gain a better insight into live streaming technology, here are some of the dos and don’ts of it-
Don’ts (when not to live stream)
- Don’t live stream without a purpose
- Don’t use live stream to sell
- Don’t live stream unless you have it planned
- Don’t live stream until it adds to your current branding strategy
- Don’t live-stream without a follow-up or post-production plan
Dos (when to live stream)
- Live stream when you have something valuable to share that adds value to the brand
- Live stream when you want to reach out to huge audience
- Live stream to increase revenues at lower spends
- Live stream to show yourself as an honest and credible brand
When you live stream don’t forget to choose a platform that suits your niche and promote your live stream. Take a small step forward with live streaming to gain a giant leap forward. You’ll be surprised at the wonderful results of live streaming.