Digital marketing is growing at a pace that’s beyond imagination. This fast and furious growth rate is pressing marketers to pile one ‘thinking cap’ after the other, and do something innovative that ‘grabs the eyeballs’. Constant innovations and pragmatic shifts in the online marketing strategies have led to the rise of ‘video marketing’.
To lay it out crystal clear, the phenomena called Video marketing has unanimously won the tag of the ‘rising star’ in online marketing.
Here’s a peep into the statistics to lend you inkling –
- According to a forecast by Cisco, videos will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic by 2017.
- According to Twitter, posts with videos fuel Tweet engagements and retweets.
Why video marketing is ruling the roster
Video has become a powerful storytelling medium for every aspect – for business, spreading awareness and other purposes. Videos put forth a thought-provoking combination of sound, motion, and visuals, and have the potential to touch the viewer on an emotional level.
Here are few of the many reasons that prove why video marketing is grabbing the limelight –
- People watch videos more
- Videos are engaging and are vastly shared
- Video exposes you to a wider audience
- Search engines love videos
- Videos can add to your email marketing campaigns
- Videos help build trust and credibility
- Videos appeal to mobile users
Tips for video marketing
Here are some quick tips for engaging video marketing-
- Discover your audience
- Focus on keywords
- Tell a story that’s worth telling (addresses viewer issues or talk about something that holds relevance)
- Humanize your videos (videos showing people have a higher engagement rate)
The main takeaway from what’s being said above is that video marketing holds a strong future in online marketing. It is one interesting way to deliver information and promote your brand that in turn drives engagement on social media. It’s time you pen down a great script, get your camcorder running and shoot what your audience enjoys the most!